Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Great, Now I Have to Try and Best My Old Boss

I was on my way out of the country last week when the Oscar nominations were announced. I'm back now, but still jet-lagging, so I don't know when I'm going to post my hotly-anticipated thoughts on this pathetic lineup.
So, to hold you over, I offer my first boss and one of my mentors, Mike Perkins, editor of The (Huntington) Herald-Press, who, as usual, wrote an excellent Sunday column this week. He takes a slightly different angle on the Academy Awards than I will (I've been writing mine in my head for a week—paper's for wimps), and I don't necessarily agree with everything little thing he says. But most of it could have come straight out my thoughts. No one knows his community better than Mike, and his piece demonstrates the growing gulf between Hollywood and its supposed audience.
Here's the link to his column (you'll have to cut and paste):
http://h-ponline.com/articles/2006/02/06/news/016perkins.txt

No comments: